Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default small potentiomenter with switch

On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 23:44:43 UTC+1, Dave W wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 03:47:21 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy those old school type small potentiomenter with switch you know the ones like they had on the first hand held radios in the 60s-70s and on walkmans and stuff just a little wheel and the click for volume control. And cheap of course

I know I could by the standard rather large pots with DSPT but I want to put
this thing inside a mouse (computer mouse that is) .

Here are some thumbwheel pots without switches from DigiKey (starting
from £1.09). Perhaps you can activate an electronic switch when the
resistance is near zero.
https://www.digikey.co.uk/products/e...=1&pageSize=25

--
Dave W

maybe but this might make the circuit board to large to get inside a mouse, a 555 will change the M/S ratio
for speed, night have to use a separate switch to isolate the 555 o/p but there's a need to keep it small and simple
with as few holes needed to drill into the mouse and not make the mouse difficult to use in the normal way.
Might well need a rethink or maybe it's not as practical to do as we first thought for students with little or no hardware experience.