Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scribbles Scribbles is offline

Default OT: Very, very short term car insurance

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 9:22:00 PM UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/04/2021 19:27, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 20/04/2021 19:02, GB wrote:
My son has an old banger sitting on the driveway. He wants to insure
it, take it for an mot, then stick it back on the driveway and cancel
the insurance.

There'd be a cancellation charge, but it's cheaper than a temporary
policy.

Any thoughts? Will they blacklist him?

Just a thought for the OP: I've been told by two insurance companies that there is now a legal requirement for a vehicle to be insured even if it's parked on your own property and doesn't move from one year's end to the next. If you don't want to insure it, the only alternative is to SORN it (Statutory Off Road Notification).
Of course, whether anyone ever checks on these things, I've no idea.