Posted to alt.home.repair
%%[_2_] %%[_2_] is offline

Default OT: Lumber prices double, triple, cost of new house +25K

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2021 2:48 PM, %% wrote:

Unfortunately some people were born with minimal ability to reassess
their lives. They still have to eat, buy clothing, and want to keep
out of the rain when they sleep. Hard to do when the minimum wage has
been 7.25 for years.

Depends on your living arrangements.

Sure, would you like to do it?

Irrelevant to what makes sense for society to do.

Your wife sounds reasonable. McD's is advertising $10, Amazon is $15
to start. Good for them. If you can;t pay $10 you probably are an
incompetent business person.

Much more likely that you are competing with much lower cost foreign
labor.

That is a BS excuse.

Nope, its always been reality.

It is how we are able to import things cheap but we still have to pay
people to move those good, sell them, transport them, etc. Should we
pay truck drivers, plumbers, electricians the same wage as their China
counterparts?

Irrelevant to your silly line about an incompetent business person.

So you are just a cheap prick that does not care about the welfare of your
workers.

Actually one with enough of a clue to realise that a job paying
the minimum wage is getter than no job at all when it is an
industry that can't compete with foreign labor otherwise.

If you can't pay $10 or more you don't deserve to be in business unless
you to are making the lower wage.

Mindlessly silly.

Sorry to hear about your ethics toward working people.

Not sorry to hear you are actually that stupid, that has always been
obvious.