Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Couple of quick electrical questions - lubrication and disposal

On 20/04/2021 08:29, charles wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 19/04/2021 17:44, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Monday, 19 April 2021 at 17:16:40 UTC+1, GB wrote:
If the appliance is just faulty, not dangerous, I don't see why you
should cut the plug off?

A faulty appliance is probably dangerous, at least inasmuch as it
encourages some dimwit to have a go fixing it and sticking their
fingers in places fingers shouldn't go to try and make it work.

If it was faulty and fixable you wouldn't be throwing it away would you?

You might be surprised at the things people throw away because they're
not the currently "in" design or don't have the latest bell and/or
whistle, even though they function perfectly and are safe.

That's not a new phenomenon. I acquired a Revox A77 Mk1 for very good price
when it's owner discoved a Mk2 had just come out. That was in 1969. I still
have the machine & it's in working order

Unlike the magnetic tapes that have gone all sticky :-(