Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to install non-ic can lighting in the ceiling w/blowninsulation ...

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 10:25:26 AM UTC-5, wrote:
We are installing can lights in the ceiling on the 2nd floor of our house where there is about 6" of blown insulation. The remodeling cans are non-ic rated. The included instructions state that the cans should be installed with the insulation no closer than 3".

How do you keep the insulation away ?
Thought about cutting both ends from a coffee-can and placing that around each can-light from the attic ? Maybe 1/2" wire screen and bend a cylinder to be placed around each light ?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank You.

Would something like this be of any use?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoffman-ASE6X6X4-JUNCTION-PULL-BOX/233643112048?hash=item366636f670:g:JzsAAOSwgw9fBPL 3