Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Lumber prices double, triple, cost of new house +25K

In article ,
says...
mill capacity to turn logs into lumber.
That is only going to get worse with Biden's $15 minimum wage.
We are rapidly pricing the US out of the job market.
Then we ask why a ship getting stuck in a canal half way around the
world causes shortages here.

Some of the jobs are pricing theirselfs out of business. Saw where a
couple of grocery stores in California closed up because the government
put in a $ 4 an hour hazard work pay.

The fast food places that were mostly maned by teenagers when I was
growing up are now adult jobs. If the pay gets high enough they will be
mostly be replaced by robots.

I remember working for a grocery store as a teen. We stocked the
shelves, but bagged the groceries and even rolled them to the car and
put them in the car. Now the check out person only has to slid the
items over the computer interface and bag the groceries.