Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default How to install non-ic can lighting in the ceiling w/blown insulation ...

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 08:25:23 -0700 (PDT), Sid 03
wrote:

We are installing can lights in the ceiling on the 2nd floor of our house
where there is about 6" of blown insulation. The remodeling cans are non-ic rated.
The included instructions state that the cans should be installed with the insulation no closer than 3".
How do you keep the insulation away ?
Thought about cutting both ends from a coffee-can and placing that around each can-light from the attic ?
Maybe 1/2" wire screen and bend a cylinder to be placed around each light ?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank You.

Dimmable LED "puck" lights.
John T.