On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 10:42:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:36:28 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 10:06:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 7:07:51 PM UTC-5, Sid 03 wrote:
On Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 4:03:05 PM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
On Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 4:37:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 13:30:16 -0700 (PDT), Sid 03
wrote:
I am looking for vertical blinds for some rental property to go over the sliding patio door.
I have had the inexpensive white vertical blinds, but they often break and don't add a lot to the decor of the room.
Went to Menards, HD, and Lowes, but all the products that they offered seemed to be in the light side (not durable). (Bali, Levolor ...)

Rental property? Buy the cheapest you can find.

I've never seen a blind wear out. The only damage I've seen is from pets or children, and the expensive ones aren't going to be enough more resistant to make a difference. In rental property you will continue to have pets and children, so just expect to replace regularly.

The holes at the top break. The blinds are constructed of thin PVC and becomes brittle. The windows face the north and get sun baked, the PVC is probably UV resistant, but I don't know if there are any plastics that are totally UV resistant.

I purchased these repair tabs that I will install this week and see if it helps.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078BYHP21...roduct_details

Your right, the mechanism don't usually fail, just the top holes of the vertical blinds.
Would be nice if they were reinforced ?!

I have vertical blinds in my office, as does the rest of the building. We've been here ten years and none have failed. They seem to be fairly substantial vinyl, and about ten feet long so a good bit of weight. They are rotated frequently but pulled sideways rarely to never.

I don't see a brand name. The slats measure 2 1/8 inches wide.