Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT. No Driver

On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 9:17:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A couple guys must have been testing Tesla's Auto Pilot.
http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/tesla/fatal-texas-tesla-crash-714503
The car hit a tree at high speed. The driver's seat was empty.

There was a local incident here that surprised me. A woman and her young
daughter were startled in the parking lot of a small high-end grocery store
when a Tesla came very close to them. There was no driver nor anyone
visible. Looks like someone about to leave the store summoned the car
to pick them up. I knew that was possible, I knew that they had been testing
driverless cars in some cities, but I thought so far they always had a person
in the car. I had no idea that with a production Tesla you could do this.
I would have been totally surprised if I saw it happen to me. And a car
owner, I for sure would not have done this unless I could watch what the
car was doing.