Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Went the day well?

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 18:08:42 +0100, gareth evans wrote:

After watching the re-run of this WWII film on the TV, I wonder when
country roads in Brit becane tarmacced, because the roads in that film
look like rolled gravel.

Tyrley, same village as in Goodnight Mr Tom and as in The Vicar of
Dibley.

I find these B&W pre-1950 films to be an interesting record of real life
before plastic and electronics turned everything make-believe

Some of the roads where I lived as a child were tarred and then rolled
with gravel. Hurts when falling off bike.