Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Electric vehicles

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 17/04/2021 14:47, tim... wrote:

On 17/04/2021 13:31, Steve Walker wrote:
I have the "choice" of car (20 minutes each way) or train/bus (1-1/2 to
2 hours each way ... allowing for them not connected to the times I
need to arrive and leave, connections between them, etc.) Not using the
car would simply mean having little time to get anything done in the
evening, to spend with my family or to go out. Life would just turn
into a constant round of getting up, going to work, coming home,
cooking and cleaning, going to bed ready to get up early the next
morning. That's no life.

Before cars, people simply lived on bus or train routes.

before cars

people lived within walking distance of work

Yes and lived **** lives because they could not get decently paid jobs or
spent many hours of the day travelling back and forth.

How is an engineering design company, needing qualified and experienced
engineers and designers, to work if it can only recruit people that can
walk to the office?

by locating themselves in town centres (when PT is a viable alternative to
walking)

not in out of the way trading estates, where driving is your only viable
option