Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LiPo vs Rechargeable Lithium 123

On 17/04/2021 17:32, Nick Odell wrote:
On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 17:59:23 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 17/04/2021 16:30, Nick Odell wrote:
On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 13:44:41 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Nick Odell wrote:

I was just wondering how the performance of these LiPos compare with a
more conventional rechargeable lithium 123 cell.

I thought CR123 were /not/ rechargeable?

I've been using rechargeables like these:
https://canary.contestimg.wish.com/a...ce6d-large.jpg
in cameras for years.

I'm not sure of the correct prefixes or suffixes for them so I
deliberately avoided that. They weigh about 14g and have a capacity of
about 1500mAh compared with the LiPos I have which seem to be just
over 10g and, as I said 200/350mAh

Nick

Apples and oranges - you have about 5 Wh there. (3.3 x 1.5)
And I am certain they don't weigh 14g

40g is more like it

https://docs.rs-online.com/1683/0900766b812fdd11.pdf

This 5Wh LIPO pack

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...x-hr-tech.html

weighs in at 26g

I have an electronic balance which measures in 0.1g intervals and is
accurate to +/- 0.1g (according to reference weights). The 123 cells
each weigh something between 13.8-14.0 grammes, the little helicopter
LiPo about 10.2g.

These 123s say Li-ion and 3.7v on the sleeve.

Nick

well you had better get theme gold plated. They appear to be, if truly
1500mAh, somewhat akin to pixie dust,

Either your scales are borked, or they are not 1500mAh, or they are not
rechargeable

150mAh at that weight ...

Are you sure you had the scales on grams and not oz? 1.4 oz i could believe

And I can barely believe 10g on a 200mAh LIPO either One cell maybe.

--
€śPuritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.€ť

H.L. Mencken, A Mencken Chrestomathy