Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LiPo vs Rechargeable Lithium 123

On 17/04/2021 16:32, Nick Odell wrote:
On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 14:24:43 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 17/04/2021 13:44, Andy Burns wrote:
Nick Odell wrote:

I was just wondering how the performance of these LiPos compare with a
more conventional rechargeable lithium 123 cell.

I thought CR123 were /not/ rechargeable?

A123

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dema...s/A123FAQs.pdf

At 70g vs the 14g of the ones I've been using, I wonder if we are
talking about the same thing?

Nick

I would weigh your cells. They are NOT 14g.
At that capacity they HAVE to be around 2 oz - 40g+

If these are rechargeable 'CR123 equivalents' they certainly weigh a lot
more than 14g - and they are not 3.3v LiFePo technology they are 3.7 v
Li-ion...

Lucas Bergkamp