Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Spank!

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Right. But even the ones that work for the petroleum industry stopped
their denial of man-made global climate change.

No they didnt and plenty who do deny man-made
global climate change arent paid to do that.

They did drop their denial.

Nope, plenty didnt.

Here is their current page on the topic:

https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-...climate-change

There isnt just one group of them.

There are those that still do -- I meant their "scientific" group.

Are there others still in denial?

Corse there are.

As far as those who deny it, there are about 70 scientists people point
to,
many of them dead, and several of whom are not even experts in the
field.

What matters is the evidence with science, not individuals.

Correct: though the experts will generally side with the evidence (if they
did not they would not be the experts!)

Problem is that the evidence changes, particularly with the
recent less than predicted rate of world temperature change.

At this point there is no internationally recognized scientific group
that still denies the evidence.

Science isnt about voting. At one time the vast majority of scientists
denied free radicals but then the evidence showed that they are real.

If the evidence showed it then over time the view of most scientists
likely changed. It is not like our knowledge does not grow.

And thats just as true of purported man made climate change.

Its obvious that climate does change, thats obvious from
the ice ages etc, but its much less clear how much of the
change we have seen is man made. It wasnt that long ago
that most scientists were hyperventilating about global cooling.

Yes, we can certainly measure a substantial hike in atmospheric
CO2 levels, but its much less clear how much effect that actually
has on world temperatures, let alone climate change.

And its even less clear whether lots more 'renewable' energy
will make any useful difference to world climate of whether
it makes much more sense to have lots more nukes and
dramatically reduce the addition to world CO2 levels and
stop wasting fossil fuels on power generation now that it
is clear that we are consuming them at a far greater rate
than they are being laid down.