Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default OT: more PC insanity

On 12/04/2021 06:31 pm, T i m wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:

snip

Back on the words / spelling thing, I am reminded constantly (TV and
ITRW) how many people *say* 'anythinK' but I wonder what percentage of
them would write is like that?

That's not a spelling error, just a quirky regional pronunciation. I
still know lots of people who would say that it that way but would
always spell it correctly.

And when young my parents corrected me if I ever said 'we was' and why
it seems so strange that so many people also seem to get that wrong?

Yes that is weird.

And it's so commonly used in conversation so comes up pretty
frequently.

Very common in the counties around London.