Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Carver Mark Carver is offline

Default Once upon a BNC ...

On 14/04/2021 21:11, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 19:31:40 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

snip

In 37 years working in the industry, I've only ever known a couple to
fail in service. And probably less than 20 or so to be a 'duffer' when made.

I've sent plenty fail in use or when made but that could be down to
the wrong technique, poor tools or cheap components (or a mix of
each).

In the broadcasting industry every cable is bespoke, and hand made.
Pre-made crap and/or components from China etc is not permitted.

I worked on one project where the chief engineer insisted that return
loss was measured on every cable, and the parameter monitored for 3
minutes per cable to ensure stability !

He had a lot of time on his hands !