Posted to uk.d-i-y
#Paul #Paul is offline

Default Is AIOE news server working for anyone?

SH wrote:
Well I found my answer:

My static IP has been blocked temporarily due to

Connection time exceeded 90000 seconds in 86400 seconds

How is that even possible to have a connection time greater than 86400
seconds?

This might be a different thing, but in case it's useful:

Occasionally I find that aioe seem to have decided to renumber their
articles, and so my news software ends up re downloading a great many
old articles, sometimes going back months. This then takes me over
some limit and I have to stop news fetching for a few days until I get
off their list. It hasn't happened to me recently, however.

At other times it takes a dislike to something I am posting (as well
they might, you say; but I think it's usually somthing like too wide
crossposting due to a followup, which I hadnt trimmed) and refuses
it; but then naturally at my next connect it is attempted again, so
again at some point I get blocked again for a few days. Then if I want
to actually post my followups I have to reduce the crossposts *and*
update the datestamps; otherwise they are "too old" and get blocked.

#Paul