Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default access port for 'Easy Start'

newshound wrote:
On 14/04/2021 21:50, fred wrote:
Some 2 stroke and even 4 stroke garden machinery engines are a pig to

start. A blast of 'Easy Start' is the simple cure but it involve remoting
the air filter or the spark plug. A removable cap to allow 'Easy Start'
be sprayed directly into the carburetor would be very convenient, no ?

My stuff is all very easy to start particularly compared to kit from a
few decades ago. I'd wondered whether they had rare earth magnets these
days (this is talking about points-free stuff). I did have to strip and
blow out the jets in a carb a couple of weeks ago, but that's the first
problem I have had in ten years.

Yes, that's my experience too. Anything that's not easy to start has
something fundamentally wrong with it that needs fixing, not a squirt
of magic spray.

--
Chris Green
ยท