Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Once upon a BNC ...

On 14/04/2021 21:11, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 19:31:40 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

snip

In 37 years working in the industry, I've only ever known a couple to
fail in service. And probably less than 20 or so to be a 'duffer' when made.

I've sent plenty fail in use or when made but that could be down to
the wrong technique, poor tools or cheap components (or a mix of
each).

40+ years ago the main problem where I worked was the different centre
pin diameter for 50 and 75 BNCs and both types were used in the same
workshop/lab. Sockets could become unreliable when previously used with
the "wrong" BNC mating half. Sods law said all the fly lead cables were
black and for some people any cable would do!