Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which end of a carrot is the "tail"?

Without reading the thread, I think the top is where the leaves were and the
tail is the pointy end which can be quite hard as well.
Do you remember using carrot tops in a dish of water and watching little
rootlets grow? No good if its been in the freezer though.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"NY" wrote in message
My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is growing
the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the tail is the
pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that she
thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and has
grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt end,
uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?