Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Which end of a carrot is the "tail"?

My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is growing
the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the tail is the
pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that she
thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and has
grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt end,
uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 19:14:01 +0100, NY wrote:

My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is
growing the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the
tail is the pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that
she thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and
has grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt
end, uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?

If you wife is not close by the answer is that you are correct of
course. If your wife is reading this then she is correct.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/04/2021 19:14, NY wrote:
My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is
growing the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the
tail is the pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that
she thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and
has grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt
end, uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?

Do as she asks with the carrots and then ask if you can to top and tail
her tonight.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NY" wrote in message
My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is growing
the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the tail is the
pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that she
thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and has
grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt end,
uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?

Nope, she's just got dementia now. Time to trade her in on a new bimbo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 05:53:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/04/2021 19:14, NY wrote:
My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is
growing the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the
tail is the pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that
she thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and
has grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt
end, uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

How long have you been married? Or is the first time you've peeled some
carrots?

Am I going mad?

We all are to some degree or other. Start worrying when everyone around
you appears to be insane.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 19:14:01 +0100, NY wrote:

My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is
growing the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the
tail is the pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that
she thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and
has grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt
end, uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?

We used to scrape carrots not peel them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/04/2021 19:14, NY wrote:
My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is
growing the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the
tail is the pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that
she thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and
has grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt
end, uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?

The tail is at the rump end.
When your wife has asked for your opinion about the size of bum, perhaps
you've been brutally honest?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/04/2021 19:14, NY wrote:
My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were very
small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is
growing the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the
tail is the pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that
she thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow and
has grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the blunt
end, uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

Am I going mad?

I'd go with your version, but on thinking about it can see an alternate
logic that the top end is a bit like a bum.

With blowfly maggots, the pointy end is the head and the broad end the rear.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2021 00:59, Fredxx wrote:
On 14/04/2021 19:14, NY wrote:
My wife asked me to peel and top/tail some carrots. Since they were
very small, she decided she only wanted me to chop off "the tails".

Which end does "the team" think is the head and which the tail?

I'd say the head was the wider end, at the top when the carrot is
growing the ground and which has the leaves sprouting from it; and the
tail is the pointed end at the bottom as it grows.

But after querying "do you *really* mean the tail", it turned out that
she thought of the blunt end as the tail. She knows how carrots grow
and has grown many, so it's weird that she uses "tail" to mean the
blunt end, uppermost in the ground with leaves on it.

How long have you been married? Or is the first time you've peeled some
carrots?

Little carrots shouldn't need peeling. Just a brush and scrape
under a tap.

Aren't carrot-tops the name given by Met plods to countrybumpkin
plods ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which end of a carrot is the "tail"?

On 15/04/2021 07:26, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Without reading the thread, I think the top is where the leaves were and the
tail is the pointy end which can be quite hard as well.

I'm with you Brian.

The top is obviously the bit at the top when it is growing; the little
bit at the other end I supposed does look slightly like a tail.

NY good luck with the divorce

Andy