Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Once upon a BNC ...

Yes RS have them silver plated if you like as well, Lots of bits in a likkle
bag and not cheap.
I never had much luck with bnc for anything more precise than video, the
locking part would get loose and some of them wobbled even when locked.
Scope probes seemed to be the worst. However then everyone went over to the
screw in types but of course then you had a big hassle if you needed to
change the lead. I don't think I know of a super reliable quick connect and
release socket system.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"The Nomad" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:58:23 +0100, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

There was a time obtaining a solder type BNC connector was easy. The kit
of about 9 individual bits assembled with a solder iron and a spanner,
the choice of using 50ohm or 75ohm, different types to suit your cable
diameter. The warm feeling got when ya knew that the centre pin was
definitely soldered and none of the electrons would deteriorate on their
journey.

I've just been looking through Amazon and eBay, doing an RG59 75ohm job.

All I can find are crimp/compression/twist types. Horrible. That centre
conductor ain't secure.

What happened??

Wrong supplier? :-)

Farnell, RS, CPC, or http://www.whwestlake.co.uk/ etc. should have what
you require

Avpx
--
The place looked as though it had been visited by Gengiz Cohen
[footnote: hence the term "wholesale destruction"]. (Lords and Ladies)