Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT online reviews

On 4/14/2021 9:13 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/14/2021 08:46 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Hard to see how a bunch of jack-leg online reviews could compare with
Consumer Reports' scientific testing or annual auto surveys.

I used to look at the car reviews at the library. No matter what model
or price range they always concluded a Honda Civic was the better choice.

Having said that though, CR really dropped the ball on their major
kitchen appliance reviews and guidance about six or seven years ago.

When I knew something about the products they were reviewing I saw they
were going for the vanilla safe bet. Like the old saying that nobody
ever got fired for buying IBM, they like solid and boring.

I gave up on them 45 years ago. So long I forget the exact circumstances
buy I bought an appliance because of a particular feature. Two months
later CR did a review and recommended not buying it because of that
wasteful feature.