Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default OT online reviews

On 4/14/21 5:19 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:46:18 -0400, Wade Garrett wrote:

On 4/14/21 7:37 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

Hard to see how a bunch of jack-leg online reviews could compare with
Consumer Reports' scientific testing or annual auto surveys.

Hell, at least 95% of what I buy isn't reviewed by CR.

Having said that though, CR really dropped the ball on their major
kitchen appliance reviews and guidance about six or seven years ago.

We did a major kitchen remodel and bought all the new appliances based
primarily on their recommendations. We were quite disappointed with the
results.

Frigidaire top of the line glass-top slide in electric range: Dog.
Frigidaire customer no-service- Useless.

Frigidaire matching top of the line over the range microwave: Dog.
Frigidaire customer no-service- Useless.

Whirlpool top of the line French door refrigerator: Hard to use- and a
reliability issue.

Bosch top of the line dishwasher: Major door leak initially- but after
that, OK.

Then there's that. You ever ask yourself where's the "scientific testing" that led you to
buy those items?

I was really ****ed at them over that episode and stopped subscribing
for several years.

Recently though, I bought a digital subscription just to for the auto
ratings and reliability surveys which are generally pretty accurate.

I would not have paid full price for it- but stumbled across a deal for
a big discount.

--
Over 94% of active shootings are stopped or prevented when an armed
citizen steps in.