Posted to uk.d-i-y
SH[_4_] SH[_4_] is offline

Default Is AIOE news server working for anyone?

On 14/04/2021 20:24, Martin Brown wrote:
On 14/04/2021 14:59, SH wrote:
On 14/04/2021 14:50, Andy Burns wrote:
SH wrote:

On 14/04/2021 13:31, Andrew wrote:

Are you using newsfeed.aioe.org or news.aioe.org or nntp.aioe.org?

using nntp.aioe.org
port 563 here

the mystery deepens.....

the AIOE websites are not responding either....

www.aioe.org

results in "Hmmm cant reach this page"

www.aioe.org took too long to respond.....

Is the website working for anyone else?

Yes. The symptoms you describe are exactly like what I had sometime last
month. It lasted long enough (a few days) for me to have set up and
configured an alternative newsfeed but then just as mysteriously started
working again.

Well I am now back on AIOE.....

turns out my static IP was blacklisted for 24 hours....

Once you're black listed you can't check the IP blacklist so I ended up
using a virtual machine and VPN'ed out to a differewnt country.

The I was able to browse the website and found the entry for my static
IP in the IP blacklist below:

Connection time exceeded 90000 seconds in 86400 seconds 14/04/2021
17:14:47 1 hour, 28 minutes, 48 seconds

SO I assume I broke the speed of light in being able to be connected in
excess of 90000 seconds in a time period of 86400 seconds.

(which is 25 hours connected over a 24 hours period)