Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter W. Peter W. is offline

Default I'm looking for the little buttons that you install

I never did understand the 130 volt rated bulbs. I don't know of any
130 volt services in the US. However the voltage has been creeping up
over the years. Went from 115 to 120 and mine usually runs around 125
as measured by a meter with better than 1 % accuracy.

Many primary-feed industrial locations ran at 480/277 for lighting and motors. I remember when I was in school our drafting studio was in a former factory right on the Schuylkill in Center City. Wallplate voltage was 130V, lighting was 277, and even the ceiling fans and exhaust fans were 480V. What made it even more interesting was that the primary service to the building was 4-wire, 2-phase converted to three-phase using 'Scott-Connected' transformers, AKA 'Scott-T' transformers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott-T_transformer

In the studio, there were all kinds of warning stickers on the receptacles stating that they were at an actual 130V. And for those of us with drafting lights, lamps were supplied.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA