Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Shower pump location

On 09/04/2021 22:22, Roger Mills wrote:
I am planning to re-furbish an en-suite bathroom, and am considering
installing a Stuart-Turner Monsoon twin impellor pump. I currently have
a Mira Vigour wall-mounted power shower with built-in pump but would
like to replace it with something with a bit more €śurge€ť.

The instructions for the Monsoon say €śThe pump must, for optimum
performance, be sited as close as possible to and never more than 4
metres from the HOT WATER cylinder€ť.

I installed one under the bath at the opposite end of a big bathroom to
the hot water cylinder as a temp measure to boost the existing shower
with poor flow. It worked perfectly despite the instructions saying it
must be only be installed with a dedicated supply direct from the hot
tank and no more than 2 meters from the tank.

In fact it worked so well when later updating the bathroom I left it as
is and ran pipes to a second shower in an adjacent room.

Both worked perfectly even when both showers were in use. Mind you
STWNFI did moan a bit about the noise and vibrations when she was taking
a bath whilst either shower was being used:-)

Mike