Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default I'm looking for the little buttons that you install

In article ,
says...

An alternative to these (if you really do insist on an incandescent
bulb) is to buy a bulb made for limited-service locations (e.g. outdoor
fixtures) which has a "130-volt" filament rating. When run on the
lower voltages that are normal, the filament runs "cool" and lasts
a lot longer than a standard bulb. You still have to accept the reduced
efficiency (lower light output per watt).

I never did understand the 130 volt rated bulbs. I don't know of any
130 volt services in the US. However the voltage has been creeping up
over the years. Went from 115 to 120 and mine usually runs around 125
as measured by a meter with better than 1 % accuracy.

I do know some bulbs are rated for 'rough service' with heaver filaments
but have not looked to see the voltage rating.