Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default De-ice the car properly!

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 18:12:06 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 12/04/2021 02:05 pm, AnthonyL wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:54:45 +0100, R D S wrote:

I had a new job on top of my to-do list yesterday morning.

Ice and frozen snow on the screen, snapped my scraper jabbing away at
it, so I poured some tepid water on it and hit the wipers upon which the
blades promptly tore from the arms.

My wife puts some very warm water in a sealable plastic bag which she
then wipes over the glass.

My car has a windscreen heater and the blower doesn't take long to get
warm so I just listen to the radio for a few minutes whilst the car
readies itself and maybe scrape the mirrors, side windows and rear
glass clear. I never touch the blades, they stick and tear if not
careful, and if careless the blades promptly tear from the arms.

Imagine what waiting for the heaters to defrost the screen will be like
when you can only have an electric car.

It might be OK at home, where you might be able to bring some warm water
or maybe a hairdryer to the car. But what if you're frozen-up miles from
home and have to rely on what's in the battery to get you there.

Lot's of fun in winter traffic jams on impossible to get off motorways
as we seem to get once or twice a year.

Maybe all electric cars will end up with a small portable petrol
driven generator, one of those little Honda jobs. "To be used only in
emergency".

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?