Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default OT: more PC insanity

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:34:19 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 12/04/2021 11:10, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:03:40 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

The pretty well universal requirement for GCSE English Language should
ensure that students and workers can spell use grammar reasonably
correctly (if they make the effort) and should not be tested during
other exams.

A good friend of mine is dyslexic. During his Ph.D. in CS, he wrote a
number of Algol programs. We moved from an ICL/Elliott 4130 to an ICL
2960.

It was programming that taught me to spell words like "procedure" :-)

Good English was essential for Cobol, unlike Fortran where symbols
reigned. I liked Fortran.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?