Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: more PC insanity

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 12 April 2021 at 21:10:37 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 12 April 2021 at 14:19:03 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:36:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

But then I guess that the focus (on technical content) may distract
from 'checking' for spelling (if they don't pop out at you). A classic
one seen here is 'teh' instead of 'the'?

I wonder if that is down to the brain being faster than being able to
type.

It appears to be more about not very good eyesight or not caring about
typos.

No try thinking about it.

Not something you are capable of doing.

If it's a common mistake then there's a logical reason for it.

Yep, its a very common word and the letters are adjacent
and are typed with different hands, stupid.

It's got to have something to do with speed
that each finger can reach a particular key.

Nope.

If I type slowley I don't make the same mistake.

Because you dont transpose those two keys then, stupid.

Don;t forget that the keyboard is designed to slow typing down.
And while I'm here could you try the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jcu9o06ph...41.23.png?dl=0

it was on facebook an image whose colour showns
you whether you or right brained or left brained.

Weird.

Maybe not if no one sees pink.

For me it was left brained,

Me too, but I forget what T I m claims about alleged left brainers.

That they are logical, whereas artists and
emotional people are right brained.

But he claims to be right brained and clearly isnt an
artist and is only stupidly emotional about animals.

A friend that teachs art at univ (he has a pHd
in fine arts, not that I know what that means)
but he didn't see pink either.

But the left/right brain line has always been mindless bull****.

But we do know that that dress is seen differently
by two different groups of people.

Tho it is clear that he claims he is right brained.

Yes that's what I remembered so the obvious one to teast it on.
But I think it was fake and just a way to get the image shared on
facebook.

Unlikely given that its a pretty anonymous shoe.