Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default OT The pubs are open

On 13/04/2021 13:28, Fredxx wrote:
On 13/04/2021 08:44, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
And judging by the reports in the media, probably a huge surge in
infections
as well, despite the pubs and shops best efforts.
Its like the January sales.
Â* Brian

Maybe lots of infections but few hospitalisations.

My main concern would be the increased likelihood of mutations from the
increased number of infections.

We don't have to grow our own mutations, although we did that very
successfully in Kent last autumn. We can import mutations from overseas.
The Brazilians have some really impressive ones!

The P1 variation has brought Manaus to its knees a second time. 76% of
the population had antibodies after their first wave, and a large
proportion (estimated as 25-60%) of the current patients with the P1
variant are thought to have had Covid previously.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...us-covid-cases