Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: more PC insanity

On 13/04/2021 10:01, T i m wrote:
On 13 Apr 2021 07:08:43 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip troll ****e

It is said you could get more than a 10% increase in typing rate for a
fast touch typist if you had a more efficient layout.

Gosh, 10%, eh? That'll *really* get 'em going.

Don't forget, for *that* type of troll that hypothetical 10% would be
*way* more than enough to get into a one sided debate about.

Since I've only posted on the relevant subject in the sub-thread I'm
certainly not the troll, nor do I have a massive chip on my shoulder.

http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/Dvorak/
Suggests that a good typist going from the Querty the Dvorak keyboard
can attain a 74% advantage in speed and accuracy by 68%.

If you feel differently please explain.

Perhaps you feel the definition of a troll is someone who posts facts or
attributed claims you'd rather they didn't? Most people have a different
definition.