Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Problem with Stayer SDS Drill

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 13/04/2021 07:42, Tim+ wrote:
Qualmby wrote:
I have drills over 50 years old, still going round and BTW the post was
about the owner of the drill's tenacity with his problem, not the drill
itself. The comment holds true whether the drill has karked or not...

I wouldn‘t describe fixing a broken flex as one that required great
tenacity. It is literally the first thing you check in any mobile
appliance if it‘s working intermittently.

Tim

No, you check the battery contacts, dumbo

Mains drill thicky.

Perhaps I should have clarified that I was referring to mains cable fed
appliances but I thought given the context that was unnecessary.
Apparently not.

Tim

I was taught that the power supply was the first thing to check. What that
power supply is depends on the equipment

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England