Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default De-ice the car properly!

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 11:00:08 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
I have noted that my more energy efficient diesel car takes much
longer to warm up than the previous petrol ones I had.

Yes. Some diesels have much larger alternators and an electric heater
to warm them faster - some Focus diesels had that ... a 1kW electric
heater! Unfortunately, mine didn't, and it would often take 4 or 5
miles to really get warmed up. My current car is petrol and is much
better in that respect.

Surely a direct diesel burning heater makes more sense? You could set
that going before you get to the car in the morning?

A diesel heater is standard fitment for Fords of a certain trim level if
they are destined for a cold country. The UK does not qualify.