Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default De-ice the car properly!

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
I have noted that my more energy efficient diesel car takes much longer
to warm up than the previous petrol ones I had.

Yes. Some diesels have much larger alternators and an electric heater to
warm them faster - some Focus diesels had that ... a 1kW electric
heater! Unfortunately, mine didn't, and it would often take 4 or 5 miles
to really get warmed up. My current car is petrol and is much better in
that respect.

Surely a direct diesel burning heater makes more sense? You could set that
going before you get to the car in the morning?

--
*Why is it considered necessary to screw down the lid of a coffin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.