Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The pubs are open

On 12/04/2021 21:27, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2021 20:57, newshound wrote:
On 12/04/2021 18:33, ARW wrote:
So I took a day off work and went to the pub.

The sun on your back and a pint in your hand and with good company.

no apprentices, then?

No. But I had one on Saturday when we did the IPAF course.

It snowed when we did the practical test that was outdoors.

Don't! You're bringing back memories - of checking the calibration of a
pressure transmitter, 80 feet up the outside of a factory, on a swaying
scaffold (accessed by a very long and bouncy ladder), during a howling
gale, with heavy snow, in the early 2000s. And it was a bloody Saturday
morning, I wasn't supposed to work Saturdays and didn't get paid overtime!

I also remember driving back from that, on the M62, when my washers
froze. Vehicles were kicking up all sorts of muck and I dared not use my
wipers, as they just smeared it and made it even worse.