Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Lawnmower rope easy to pull

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 17:23:09 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:54:25 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

Dean Hoffman writes:

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10:06:15 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
While mowing the yard yesterday the lawnmower made a clanging noise and quit.

Pulling the starter cord seems too easy now and I hear it spin longer than it should. And no, it doesn't start.

Should I give up on IC engines and buy an electric? I've certainly had my struggles with gas engines the past couple of years.

Consumer Reports battery push mowers.
Ryobi RY401200 Rated 79. Has only a 40 minute run time. $480.
DR Power Equipment CE75021XEN0. Rated 77. 80 minute run time. $600
Hart HLPM011 Rated 70. 70 minute run time. $248.

All the research I did pointed to the Ego. I'm on 7/8ths of an acre
and can do the front and back without a recharge. The battery
recharges in an hour or so. Just enough time for lunch or a beer.

A push model would be okay, the electric mowers are very light.

I wish they would state the deck material in the description...
.. assume that it's tin, I guess - or they would say ..
My last new power push mower rotted away - from under a
really nice B&S engine. The used aluminum deck unit is
about 30 years old and going strong.
John T.

I just had to fix a neighbor's John Deere lawnmower. The throttle
cable had failed and the wheel drive would dissengage spontaneously.

I thought Deere was pretty proud of their throttle cable at $99 and
change Canadian. It wasn't in stock anyway - would have had to wait a
week - so I decided to replace with generic cable. DANG they are proud
of that stuff to!!! a 4 foot cable cost $50 - and I had to bend the
ends to fit and get the rusted broken sheath out of the cable
retainer.

The wheel drive control was a chinese puzzle - getting it all
together was a REAL PAIN!!!