Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Lawnmower rope easy to pull

In article , "frank says...

I too dislike dealing with small gas engines and would prefer electric
but consider battery replacement cost as they will be the first part to
wear out. Years ago I had to toss an electric hedge trimmer and grass
trimmer set with two batteries when the batteries went and replacement
cost more than what I paid for the set. Also consider as batteries wear
out distance will diminish so I would buy a mower with much more time
than needed.

That is the problem with many battery devices. Often the replacement
battery is more than the origional price. I have had to toss a couple
of battery drills because the replacement batteries were more than I can
buy a new one with batteries for. I thought I was going to have to toss
a very good seldom used Dewalt drill but found an adapter that let me
use the batteries off my other Dewalt impact wrench (which uses
different batteries) in the drill.