Posted to alt.home.repair
Heywood[_3_] Heywood[_3_] is offline

Default Lawnmower rope easy to pull

On 4/12/2021 11:06 AM, TimR wrote:
While mowing the yard yesterday the lawnmower made a clanging noise and quit.

Pulling the starter cord seems too easy now and I hear it spin longer than it should. And no, it doesn't start.

Should I give up on IC engines and buy an electric? I've certainly had my struggles with gas engines the past couple of years.

My neighbor has an electric and it works well. We have small lawns
though, now sure how well it would be for a large one. He walks at a
good pace and it cuts easily in one pass.

If your mowing is a half hour or so, I'd go electric. If a couple of
hours, I'd go gas.