Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default De-ice the car properly!

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Dave Plowman wrote:

R D S wrote:

Ice and frozen snow on the screen, snapped my scraper jabbing away at
it, so I poured some tepid water on it and hit the wipers upon which the
blades promptly tore from the arms.

Rule one. Always check the blades ain't stuck to the screen before
switching on. You can check this by lifting them off the screen against
the springs while scraping etc the ice off.

Rule two. Always check the automatic windscreen wiper setting is off
before turning on the ignition, or the sensor may interpret scraping
the windscreen or pouring tepid water on the windscreen/blades as "rain".

Do auto screen wiper cars not have sighted drivers?

--
Tim Lamb