Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default App connected pressure washer?

On 11/04/2021 20:10, Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Karcher are advertising an app connected pressure washer - I cannot
imagine what purpose that might serve?

I wondered about that, you hardly want to have your mobile phone in your
hands while using a pressure-washer ...

Just another gimic. Our dishwasher is capable of control via an app,
over wifi, but to what purpose? Once you have loaded the dishes and the
detergent, you can start it there and then, quicker and easier from the
front panel. If you want a delayed start, that can be done quickly and
easily from the front panel too. The only thing the app can do extra, is
to see how long is remaining before the end of cycle, without going to
look at the machine - and I can just remember when it is due to end instead.

I can see some use for apps - earlier I went to get pizza and forgot to
put the oven on to warm it for when I got back. Being able to turn the
oven on remotely would have been useful - however, I have a wife a 3
children, so phoning home is good enough ... and they can check that
nothing has been left in the oven first as well.