Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Is there a tool to assist *threading* cable ties?

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:08:01 +0100, Clive Arthur wrote:

On 10/04/2021 11:50, Chris Green wrote:
I have searched and can't find anything that does this.

There are loads of "cable tie guns" which simply tighten the tie and
cut the end off, but that's the easy bit to do manually!

I have a job comong up which will involve threading lots of cable ties
through wire netting and round and back, then poking the end of the
tie through the hole and then (the easy bit that the gun does) pulling
tight and (probably not) cutting the end off.

snip

Use wire instead of ties, bend it how you like and cut it as required.

If still available, the coated wire frome Wickes is very good.
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-PVC-...x-20m/p/187718
It's easy to cut and bend; also seems to be galvanised. I put quite a lot on
a wall about 10 years ago and there's no sign of rust.
Bizarrely, the link is for 20m at £10; also has 100m for £9.50!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away