Alan

Default Water Softeners, good or bad??

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:17:19 -0400, Bram Sorgman
wrote:

rdkapp wrote:

Water softeners are great! We love ours. We have our entire house on
softened water. They do, however, increase salt intake. It is fairly
minimal, but it may not be good for those on a low sodium diet. Check with
your doctor.

Depending on the plumbing involved, a possibly simple solution may be
to have a hard water faucet for drinking water.

"Martin Hirsch" wrote in message

I have been researching water softeners and was able to find many benefits
but no real negatives other than initial cost, installation,or

maintenance.

Any information good/bad would be helpful. Thanks.