Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a tool to assist *threading* cable ties?

In message , Chris Green
writes
I have searched and can't find anything that does this.

There are loads of "cable tie guns" which simply tighten the tie and
cut the end off, but that's the easy bit to do manually!

I have a job comong up which will involve threading lots of cable ties
through wire netting and round and back, then poking the end of the
tie through the hole and then (the easy bit that the gun does) pulling
tight and (probably not) cutting the end off.

So is there anything out there which will make the first two stages
easier:-

1 - Poking the pie out and back through some netting. It's sort of
generic when using a tie, you nead to thread it *round* something
and the tie wants to be straight.

2 - Having got it round and back, poke the end through the hole
(as the actress said to the bishop).

I can imagine some sort of tool that you could insert a tie into which
would have a curved channel that you put round whatever it is you want
the tie round. Push a lever (or something) and the tie is fed round
the track and back to you. For the tool to do part 2 as well is more
difficult but even doing part 1 would make using cable ties a whole
lot easier.

er.. Consider galvanised *hog ring clips* designed for the job?

--
Tim Lamb