Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Is there a tool to assist *threading* cable ties?

Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 12:03:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:

I can imagine some sort of tool that you could insert a tie into which
would have a curved channel that you put round whatever it is you want
the tie round. Push a lever (or something) and the tie is fed round
the track and back to you. For the tool to do part 2 as well is more
difficult but even doing part 1 would make using cable ties a whole
lot easier.

Well there is an idea for someone to come up with, I am sure it would sell
having spent many hours doing and cursing cable ties.

I'm glad to hear it's not just me! :-)

In the meantime a
U shaped rigid tube should enable you to get a tie round a bunch of wires
with both ends on the same side, you just have to be careful to hold the
tie as you slide the guide tube off.

I'm not sure this helps my situation as I'm not trying to get ties
round bundles of cable, I'm trying to get ties round the edge of wire
netting to hold it on to something.

I suppose a curved piece of channel might help.

--
Chris Green
ยท