Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Is there a tool to assist *threading* cable ties?

On Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 12:03:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:

I can imagine some sort of tool that you could insert a tie into which
would have a curved channel that you put round whatever it is you want
the tie round. Push a lever (or something) and the tie is fed round
the track and back to you. For the tool to do part 2 as well is more
difficult but even doing part 1 would make using cable ties a whole
lot easier.

--
Chris Green
ยท

Well there is an idea for someone to come up with, I am sure it would sell having spent many hours doing and cursing cable ties. In the meantime a U shaped rigid tube should enable you to get a tie round a bunch of wires with both ends on the same side, you just have to be careful to hold the tie as you slide the guide tube off.

Richard