Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT.. Prince Phillip Was 99

"Bod" wrote in message
On 10/04/2021 05:48, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 10/04/2021 01:49, Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dean Hoffman wrote

It sounds like Britain is going to shut down for a few days.

Nope. no shutdown, just a fancy funeral and
lots wasting lots of flowers in various places.

What else would flowers do with their time if
they didn't spend it at funerals and so forth?

Don't get grown in the first place.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/prince-philip-queen-elizabeth/2021/04/09/id/1016943/

Do I have it right that the current Queen was
a military mechanic near the end of WWII?

Not so much a military mechanic as a driver. They
were trained in how to fix what they were driving
if it broke down when they were driving it.

At early races, like the Indianapolis 500, the drivers
were accompanied by a mechanic. I guess cars
didn't break down as much by the 1940's.

It was more that it made sense for the
driver to be able to fix what broke.
And in wartime plenty did break in use.

But she didn't drive full time like the other drivers
did and certainly didn't get stuck in the barracks
all the time when not driving either. And yes, she
did drive more than car, also medium sized trucks.

But not ambulances. Those had drivers trained in
medical stuff, not fixing the ambulance if it broke.

My eldest brother (RIP) drove ambulances for the army, but wasn't
medically trained.

That was done differently during WW2 and she was in the Second
Subaltern Windsor Unit and they didnt drive ambulances.

He wasn't in WW2, it conscripted service *after* the war.

Yeah, I meant that what he had is irrelevant to what Liz had
in WW2 because they did things differently in WW2 and she
wasnt in the operation that did ambulances anyway.