Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Cleaning a polycarbonate sloping roof

On 08/04/2021 12:22, David wrote:
We have a polycarbonate sloping roof over out deck and side passage.
Over time it gets lichen (I think) growing on it, possibly algae too.

Looking for ways to clean it (beyond just a brush and hose pipe) and found
https://www.wetandforget.co.uk/resid...ervatory-roof-
cleaning

Reading the justifications in the sales blurb made me think they were
struggling for reasons to use it, however the "spray on and leave it"
seems attractive.

The side passage roof can only be accessed from our neighbour's property.

Just wondering if anyone has a proven method of cleaning plastic roofs
with minimum effort and long term effectiveness.

Others will be along in a moment with other solutions but wet and forget
is probably just a watered down BAC50

https://job-prices.co.uk/best-moss-killer/

I've use BAC50 on a polycarbonate clear roof and its worked well. The
results are not instant. You will see the die off after a few days but
it will take a few heavy rain showers over a period of a month or three
for the dead material to wash off.