Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT - Drivers

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 21:55:37 GMT, JohnP wrote:

ces of their selfish actions and have added
another 5 minutes on the journey time to for no justifiable /
unavoidable reason.

In a different vein it also frustrates us when someone at the end of a
string of cars stops to let us cross, rather than carrying on past and
letting us cross in the massive gap behind them and the next batch of
cars (for the extra pollution that causes if nothing else).

Spot on - likewise the "flasher" who waves a car out of a side turn -
oblivious to what is coming the other way. Just wanting a "nice" credit.

Well, I don't know how many people do it for that reason (unless they
know them possibly), rather than they just aren't seeing the bigger
picture?

I really believe many people turn off their brain as they turn on
their car engine.

Or they change character, pushing into queues in a way they wouldn't
dare to if on foot.

On the road-space one, another thing that get's me are people parking
in bays that are beside / parallel to the road where they don't park
right close to the end (meaning a bay can now only take 2 not 3 cars).
Similarly, parking 7/8ths of a cars length from a car that's obviously
at the end of any parking space (like on the road beside an access
road) when the front car can just drive out so you only need to leave
enough space to get out yourself assuming someone parks close behind
you or the person in front needs to get access to the rear of their
vehicle (like an estate to get dogs back in after a walk etc).

I often give them the benefit of the doubt and assume there may have
been a motorcycle or longer vehicle parked there but the chances are
there wasn't (as I've sometimes seen them parking).

Cheers, T i m